Cold Springs has a very active scouts program for both boys and girls.
For many years Cold Springs Church has identified with having a strong Boy and Girl Scout Program. Under the leadership of Scoutmaster Orlando Barnhardt, a Boy Scout Hut was built in 1955 by scouts, leaders, and parents. After Hurricane Hugo demolished the old Boy Scout Hut in September 1989, a new Boy/Girl Scout Complex was built with all volunteer help and donations. The cost was around $32,000 with an estimated replacement cost of $100,000. The Scout Complex was dedicated on November 18, 1990. The Boy Scout section was dedicated in memory of W. O. Barnhardt, Sr. and in honor of his wife Mae Barnhardt and the Girl Scout section in honor of Darrell Long.
Scouting has a proud tradition in the congregation with countless young people and many adult leaders involved. Scouting offers an incredible outreach program among youth. On September 5, 2010, the Girl Scout Hut was re-consecrated. Kelby Hurlocker refurbished the Girl Scout Hut as her Girl Scout Gold Project and for God‘s glory and for use in guiding, encouraging, and training girls through the Girl Scout Program.
Cold Springs Boy Scout Troop 5 celebrated their 50th Anniversary in Scouting July 31, 2004. The Cold Springs Girl Scouts celebrated their 50th Anniversary in Scouting March 9, 2008.
Thanks to all our Boy Scout and Girl Scout leaders who made a difference in the lives of young men and women and the dedication of Cold Springs Church in knowing the value of scouting ministries.